We at Christian Assembly are dedicated to the purpose of providing Christ’s total gospel for the total deliverance and total development of the total man. Our vision is to provide a facility where God’s children can learn to experience and enjoy the fullness of the blessings of the gospel of Christ where they can grow spiritually and learn how to take their place in the Father’s family as a productive fruit-bearing branch in the vine. Our objective is to get the lost saved, the saved established, the established trained and the trained sent out.
Our prayer is that we all speak the same thing and there be no division; but that we be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement.
Christian Assembly dates back to June 1930 when it had its beginning in the Midland area. A few workers from New Brighton, Pennsylvania came to Midland and brought the testimony to the community. Antonio and Rose Coratto received the Gospel and decided to open their home for services which was located at 207 Midland Avenue. The church services were hosted in their home until 1935. From 1930 until 1933 several ministers shared in the responsibilities of the church. In 1933, Reverend Sam Pacella, son-in-law of Antonio and Rose, received the call into ministry and served as Pastor until November of 1970.
In 1952, the former Presbyterian Church building located at 7th Street and Penn Avenue in Midland was purchased and was dedicated on May 25th. In 1969 that building was razed and a new building was erected and dedicated in May 1970. Reverend Vernon Nola served as minister from November 1970 until October 1977. Reverend Bill Spangler served as minister until April 1978. In August 1979, Reverend Bill Anzevino, a recent graduate from Rhema Bible Training Center in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, received the call of the Lord to Pastor the church.
Due to rapid growth, in 1981, we began plans to once again build a larger edifice. The present building was purchased in 1983 and construction began January 16, 1984. Our first service was held on Easter Sunday, April 22, 1984 with dedication being held on September 14, 1985. As we continued to grow it was necessary to make several additions to our facilities. A Children’s Department, Fellowship Hall and Gymnasium along with the purchase of 6 additional acres and a house which adjoins our property, now giving us a total of 20 acres. In October of 2010, a major renovation took place, adding a new narthex and bookstore as well as a complete update to the sanctuary.
God has blessed us tremendously and we give Him all the praise and glory for all He has done and is continuing to do within our body of Believers here at Christian Assembly.